Georgia is home to delicious peaches and many historical sites, but did you know that it has some
The following list was posted by a Georgia native on onlyinyourstate.com.
We found them too interesting not to share with you as well.
- It is illegal to keep a donkey in a bathtub.
- If you are passing through the state by boat you are not allowed to live on the boat for more
than 30 days.
- It is illegal to carry an ice cream cone in your pocket on Sundays.
- If you live in the city of Acworth, GA you are required to own a rake.
- In the city of Athens, GA you may read a book out loud in public, but only before 2:45 AM.
- Members of the state assembly are not allowed to be ticketed for speeding while the assembly is in
- Athens-Clark County, GA does not allow using goldfish to entice people to play Bingo.
- If you are going out of business it is required to get a business license for a specific “going-
out-of-business” sign in Athens-Clark County, GA.
- If an organization does a raffle and fails to report this to the local sheriff you will be fined
$10,000 or up to 5 years in jail.
- People under the age of 16 are not allowed to play pinball after 11:00 PM in Athens-Clark